Change the SSL mode on your Web Application Firewall (WAF)
If you have an SSL certificate set up on your website and enable the Web Application Firewall (WAF), sometimes you'll need to adjust your SSL mode for your website to work correctly.
- Go to your GoDaddy product page.
- Under Website Security and Backups, next to the Website Security account you want to use, click Manage.
- From the navigation menu, click Firewall.
- Click the gear icon and then SSL.
- Scroll down to SSL mode, choose the SSL mode that makes sense for your website
and click Save.
- Full SSL - This is our preferred method for protecting your website, but it requires you to install an SSL certificate on your hosting server. This fully secures your traffic from your customers, to our firewall, to your website.
- Partial SSL - If your website doesn't have an SSL installed, we'll proxy one on your behalf. This helps prevent Man in the Middle (MitM) attacks by securing the part of your traffic that takes place between your customers and our firewall.
- After you make changes to your SSL mode, you can clear your WAF cache to make sure your website is working correctly.