Change your WordPress password in the database
You can update a WordPress password through the database. This is helpful if you can't receive the password reset email.
Note: If you're using cPanel Hosting, you must select the database for your WordPress site in the left-hand column before proceeding to the next step.
- Click on the _users table.
- Click Edit next to the user you want to update.
- In the Value column, delete the contents of the user_pass box.
- Type your new password into the same box.
- In the function column, use the drop-down menu and select MD5.
- Click Go
You can now login with your new password
- Return to Unable to log into WordPress.
- For more information about our premium support for WordPress, please visit our WP Premium Support Catalog.