HostGator: Verify your domain ownership
To set up your Office 365 email address with a domain at HostGator, you will have to change your HostGator DNS settings twice. Once with a TXT verification record to verify your domain ownership, and a second time with the rest of your Office 365 DNS details to set your mail destination.
The TXT record value that you need to create is in your Office 365 account. If you need to log back in, just click the Help me fix this message.
- Log in to your HostGator cPanel.
- Klicken Sie im Abschnitt Domains auf Erweiterter-DNS-Zonen-Editor.
- In Add a Record section, enter the following:
- Name: @
- TTL: 7200
- Type: TXT
- Address: The TXT value we showed in your Office 365 account.
- Klicken Sie auf Record hinzufügen.
You can contact HostGator customer support at 1 (866) 964 - 2867 if you need additional help.
- Have GoDaddy check your TXT record by logging into your Office 365 account, and clicking I set my TXT record. Check, please!. After your ownership is verified, you will see the rest of your Office 365 setup instructions. Use these to set your Office 365 mail destination for your HostGator domain.